TikTok has become a go-to beauty destination for many, but above all else, the app serves as a tool for people to share their experiences—be it with a certain product, service, or routine. Sometimes, you’ll even come across videos on your For You Page documenting a user's beauty mistake, meant to warn others against making the same blunder. That’s certainly the case with this story.
In a recent TikTok video, lifestyle content creator @pretty.frowns shared her experience with a unique form of dermatitis she got from an all-too-common activity: drinking a cocktail on the beach. Yep, an innocent trip beachside can result in a condition called phytophotodermatitis, often referred to as "margarita burn." Here’s the scoop on this skin reaction.